The American Association of University Women (AAUW) empowers women and girls through research, education, and advocacy. Our nonpartisan, nonprofit organization has more than 170,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and 800 college and university partners. Since the national organization’s founding in 1881, members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
To advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
To remove the barriers and biases that stand in the way of gender equity and promote diversity, equity and inclusion within our work.
What does this mean at the national level?
- Removing bias from education
- Fighting for fair pay and economic equity
- Advancing women in leadership
What does this look like locally?
- Scholarships for local women pursuing a college degree
- STEM scholarships to AHS senior girls
- Tech Trek summer camp for 7thgrade girls
- Community outreach through educational speakers
- Camaraderie with other women in our community
We invite you to learn more about our active branch, our members, programs and scholarships. Be part of our small town’s active link to women everywhere!
Contact us at email@example.com